Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites.
We promote Drupal in Mauritius by organising events and training sessions to help local Drupal developers keep in touch.
The Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community is inviting the Drupal Mauritius Community to the Code & Coffee Meetups on Wednesdays. More information below:
Code & Coffee is a cool meeting for those who like coffee (or tea) and love writing code. The idea is simple. Just come along and you may find other developers writing some code before going to work while drinking some coffee and/or having breakfast.
This is a great opportunity to:
What you will learn
- Basic setup and configuration
- Creating, editing and moderating content
- Using the Menu system to customize navigation
- Categorizing content using the taxonomy system
- Adjusting theme settings and changing themes
- Adding users, creating roles and assigning permissions
- Drupal coding best practices
- Understanding hooks
- Using the Form API
- Saving custom data
- Providing themable output from your module
- Techniques for keeping your site secure
The "Kernel patch", also known as step one for the Web Services and Context Core Initiative, has been committed. This has significant implications for Drupal's request-handling process.
It is also step one in the biggest change in Drupal's design since Drupal 4.7.
Read the announcement here.